Monday, December 2, 2013

Catching up with....

 Long time no posts. If you haven't noticed blogging is not my thing. I apologize. So, I am going to play catch up and blog myself into the present! It might take a couple of posts but I will get you there, I promise.

     My last post was congratulating Hamish on his Tour Divide finish. Sounds like he had a good time and his frame bag held up just fine. My buddy Patrick and his friend rode the GDMBR in fast touring mode. They had to dodge the flooding up in Canada but, they made it through with no problems and had a grand old time. Here are some pics.

     



  

     Looks like he had an awesome time. I am super jealous! Anyway, he used some bags I made for him. The dual compartment, horizontal zipper framebag which you can see pretty well in the pictures. Also this cuben fiber Fannypack(seatbag). Here is a better picture.




     This is 2.92 oz. hybrid cuben with a protective layer of 50 polyester on the outside. I used it on the High Country pathway bikepacking trip in the spring with Bob and Stickboy. It is definitely showing some wear after Patrick's trip but is still going strong in Morroco! I have some lighter 1.43oz cuben I intend to make a full kit to test out myself here sometime soon. I'll keep ya posted. Drop me a line if you are interested.

     He also used a handlebar harness I made specifically for Jones loop bars which we both use. It's pretty simple and works well. It is made from some Dyneema x grid fabric and Dacron for stiffness. I don't have a good picture of it but, it's a work in progress anyway.  I can definitely stitch one up for you that will look good and work great!

     That's it for now. Until next time. I promise it will be sooner rather than later.

    

No comments:

Post a Comment